Sylvia, a H.T rose bred by Kordes. Perhaps a little tender in the colder zones, though it will be fine with proper winter coverings and freeze protection. Mild scent with large full blooms.
I have seen this decribed as “salmon pink” but the image on this page gives a truer representation of the actual color, which is more a mid pink. Much paler than salmon, which has a hint of orange to it.
Flowers are large, fully double and are mildly scented. Leaves are dark and glossy (as a rose should be!) and it has a medium growth habit. Expect it to reach about 1 meter (3 feet) or a little more. This would make a wonderful cut flower especially the younger buds that are not yet fully open.
- Class: Hybrid Tea Large-Flowered Shrub.
- Availability: Commercially available.
- Origin:1979 by Kordes.
- Bloom: Large pink double flowers. Mild fragrance. Blooms in flushes throughout the season.
- Habit: Shrub).
- Disease susceptibility: Disease resistant.
- Parentage: Carina x Seedling.