Friesia is certainly one of the more flamboyant of the yellow roses. Thick leathery petals, a delightful perfume, and nice dark green foliage – this one has it all!
I think this is one of the nicest scented roses that I know – although it can be very hard to pick out “just one” from the thousands of scented roses.
A bright, true yellow rose is a thing of beauty…something that breeders tried for many years to achieve. The first one wasnt produced until the introduction of Hybrid Teas.
- Class: Floribunda / Cluster Flowered, Tree Rose.
- Availability: Commercially available
- Origin: Bred in Germany (1977) by Kordes
- Bloom: Deep pink ,maturing to deep yellow blooms. Strong fragrance. Medium bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season, Occasional repeat later in the season.
- Habit: Height of 24″ to 30″ (60 to 75 cm).
- Growing: Zone 5 thru 9. Disease susceptibility: very disease resistant. Requires winter protection if temperatures drop below freezing.
- Parentage: Friedrich Worlein x Spanish Sun