I can’t say that the name Betty Boop rose does a lot for me. But there is no denying the flower…stunning. And would you believe that the 2 pictures on this page are from the same bush?
The bottom image looks a little like a darker version of “Tequilla Sunrise” but I can assure you it isn’t. The photographs were taken from the same bush, with the same camera settings.
Parentage is from one of our favorite floribundas, the Playboy rose. For those not familiar with Playboy, it is a Portland gold medal winner (1989) and makes a great addition to any garden. Like many of the floribundas, it’s somewhat lacking in scent, but very striking coloration with the bi colored petals and masses of blooms.
- Class: Floribunda
- Availability: Commercially available
- Origin: Bred in United States (1999) by Tom Carruth
- Bloom: Red blend , yellow blend, red and white, red edge blooms. Moderate fragrance. Blooms in flushes throughout the season
- Habit: Medium, bushy, dense, rounded growth habit. Glossy, dark green foliage. Height of 36″ to 5′ (90 to 150 cm)
- Growing: Zone 6 thru 10
- Parentage: Playboy x Picasso